Even after hitting those extra hours at the gym and eating healthy all the time makes you crave something sweet. Only a few can resist this temptation and go to their bed peacefully. But what if we told you that you don’t need to think much about the extra calories as we have a completely healthy yet delicious cake recipe that can stop your cravings in an instant? Here is the easy recipe of Banana Whole Wheat Jaggery Cake that you can prepare and enjoy this sweet dish and still not worry about those extra kilos.
This Healthy Eggless Banana Bread made with Whole Wheat Flour and Jaggery is just what you need to bake right now to cheer you up. You can use it as your favorite tea time dessert, for your kid’s lunch box, or this even works great as a healthy breakfast option as well. One important thing to make sure of is to cool the cake completely before slicing.
Banana and jaggery both are rich in iron and whole wheat, as well as banana, is rich in vitamins and fibers. Extremely easy to make this cake is a delight of all cake lovers’ especially egg-less cake lovers.
Ripe Banana – 4 (small size)
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 & 1/2 cups + 1 tbsp
Grated jaggery – 3/4 cup
Mix chopped dry fruits – 1 cup
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Sesame and flax seeds (1 tbsp each) and some dry fruits for toppings
A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Toss 1 tbsp of flour with 1 cup of chopped dry fruits and keep it aside.
- Dry Ingredients – Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt directly in the bowl.
- Wet Ingredients – In a mixer add bananas, grated jaggery, oil and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients well. Put the batter into a greased pan. Add thin slice on banana and sprinkle topping over banana slice. Also add dry fruits of your choice over batter.
- Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the pan into the preheated wok and bake it for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- When the cake is done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing and enjoy.
- Adjust jaggery according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
HOW TO BAKE THE CAKE IN KADAI (WOK)
In a heavy bottom kadai add a cup of salt or sand. Place a steel stand in a wok. Cover and preheat the kadai on high heat for about 8 minutes. (Adding salt at the bottom ensures that the kadai doesn’t burn. Heavy bottom kadai acts as oven and ensures even cooking from all sides). I never used salt in my baking because I use a heavy bottom kadai (Prestige Brand) and I am baking for the past 2 years in the same kadai. It works perfectly fine. But, it depends on the brand, quality of the kadai.
After 8 minutes, lower the heat and put baking tin in a kadai. Cover a lid and bake bread for 60 minutes. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the bread is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bread for another 10 minutes.
2 responses to “Banana Jaggery Dry Fruits Cake | Baking with Whole Wheat Flour | Kadai (Wok) Cake | No Sugar Cake”
This cake look very very healthy and that banana on top look fantastic.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much 🙂 Tuvi
LikeLiked by 1 person