We love yogurt in the morning with granola, fruit, or both. We also love to plop it in smoothies or swirl it into hot cereal. But yogurt is also an excellent dairy to bake with. Because of its acidity, yogurt reacts with baking soda to encourage leavening. It also adds nice, tangy flavor that hardly overpowers, but instead keeps everything in balance.
If you’re thinking “it’s all Greek to me,” then it’s time to explore how Greek yogurt adds a secret weapon of deliciousness and delight to your healthy baking recipes. Greek yogurt is a style of yogurt that’s been thoroughly strained of its whey, resulting in a far thicker consistency than regular yogurt. This style has long been favored in parts of Europe and the Middle East; referring to it as “Greek” or “Greek-style” yogurt is simply a nod to this fact. Like unstrained yogurt, it comes in a variety of different flavors or can be purchased plain.
Curd is an excellent replacement for the egg when used for baking. It adds a very nice softness to the baked good it is added too in eggless chocolate cakes and eggless vanilla cake. Instead of sour curd, you can also use plain curd, baking soda, and baking powder to make the cake spongy and fluffy.
This is the only vanilla cake recipe you’ll ever need. It bakes up soft, moist, with a fine, and delicate crumb. So easy it’s practically foolproof, and it all comes together in just one bowl. Simple, versatile, and so delicious. I also shared chocolate cake with curd do check chocolate lovers.
Vanilla Cake With Curd is a unique cake made with very few ingredients. It’s eggless, fluffy, super moist cake. You can have a warm slice of homemade cake with a hot cup of tea.
Like , Comment , Share & Subscribe
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 & 1/2 cups
Greek yogurt – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 or 3/4 cup
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Dry mixture: Shift whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Mix and keep it aside.
- Wet mixture: In a grinder add sugar, curd, oil and mix until smooth.
- Mix dry mixture into wet mixture. Put prepared batter into a greased pan.
- Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the pan into the preheated wok and bake it for 1 hour.
- When cake is done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove bread from the pan and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan.
- Allow cake to cool completely before slicing.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use a pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check the cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.