Mango Jam is an easy-to-make spread perfect for freshly buttered toast. Make this deliciously sweet and tangy jam with fresh mangoes along with apple, sugar and lemon juice in about 30 minutes at home. Mango Jam made at home is tastier than the store bought ones. This mango jam recipe is chemical free as there is no color or preservatives added.
Pectin is a naturally occurring substance that makes jellies gel and gives jams their spread consistency. Apples contain a particularly high amount of pectin which helps jam to set. Pectin is available in the skin and pulp of fresh apples. Make this delicious jam and keep it handy in the refrigerator, to enjoy with toast and tea.
Apple – 1
Mango Puree – 2 cups ( 2 Medium Size Mangoes)
Sugar – 1 cup
Juice of one Lemon
- Cut apple into small pieces (with skin) and put pieces into a blender. Make a smooth puree.
- Transfer apple puree in a non-stick deep pan with mango puree. Cook it for 5 minutes on low medium flame stirring continuously.
- After 5 minutes add sugar and cook on medium-low flame for 10 minutes.
- Once jam starts to thickens switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix it well and cook for a minute.
- Allow jam to cool down completely. Then store in sterilized glass jar.
- Enjoy jam with hot parathas or with vanilla ice cream.
- Lift jam with a spatula and pour jam, it should flow together and not in drops.
- Pour a few drops of prepared jam on a plate if it spreads then it’s not ready if it stays firm without moving then the jam is ready.
- Allow jam to cool completely. Then store in a clean and dry glass jar.
- Keep jam in the refrigerator after every use. Use a clean and dry spoon.
- It last long for 3 months.