The Sweet Potato with Fenugreek Leaves is a nutritious combination of two superfoods. Sweet potato is a good substitute for potatoes. They are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and phosphorus. Whereas, Fenugreek is used to improve metabolism in addition to using it to regulate blood sugar levels.
Fenugreek Leaves – 250 gms
Sweet potato – 3 medium size
Finely chopped garlic – 4
Finely chopped green chilly – 2
Mustard oil – 1 tbsp
Cumin – 1 tsp
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Kitchen King Masala – 1 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Pomegranate for garnishing – 1/4 cup
- Boil one cup of water and add chopped methi leaves with little salt. Boil water for 10 minutes on a medium-high flame.
- After 10 minutes switch off the gas and drain the water. Keep boiled methi leaves in a colander and keep it aside.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into cubes. Boil 1 cup of water in a pan and add sweet potato cubes and cook for 8 minutes on high flame. After 8 minutes strain potato and keep them aside. (Do not overcook the sweet potatoes)
- Heat the mustard oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and when the seeds crackle, add the garlic, chopped green chilies. Saute on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add all spices and boiled sweet potatoes. Mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Now add boiled and chopped fenugreek leaves. Mix well and cooks on a medium flame for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix them well.
- Garnish with Pomegranate and serve hot with chapati or paratha.