This eggless rich and moist Zucchini cake is my favorite way to eat vegetables. The zucchini makes the cake so moist you would never even know there is a vegetable in it.
This cake is not only egg-free but also contains no all-purpose flour or maida and uses oil instead of butter. It’s a perfect way to use up an abundance of zucchini in a dessert. The moisture in the zucchini lends itself to making the most perfect, moist chocolate cake. It tastes delicious – Chocolate lovers do try this ….
Zucchini has such a mild flavor that it pairs beautifully with everything from cinnamon to chocolate. When zucchini is in season, there’s so much to bake with it. In baking, zucchini as an ingredient similar to bananas or applesauce. It adds a wonderful texture and moistness to baked goods like bread or cakes.
Zucchini Chocolate Cake With Whole Wheat Flour | Eggless Cooker Cake | Vegetable Chocolate Cake
One of the fabulous foods of summer is zucchini chocolate cake made with fresh zucchini. It’s a fabulous way to use up all that extra zucchini. Adding the zucchini gives this cake an awesome moist and fluffy texture. The added nutrition is just a bonus.
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Shredded zucchini – 1 cup ( squeezed and dry )
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Brown sugar – 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup
Greek yogurt- 3/4 cup
Oil – 1/4 cup
Baking soda – 1 tsp
A pinch of himalayan salt
Chocolate sprinkles & crushed pistachios for topping
- Dry ingredients: In a bowl sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add shredded and squeezed zucchini. Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Wet ingredients: In a mixer add brown sugar, curd, and oil. Blend them until smooth.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together. Put prepared batter into a greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle topping over cake and with help of spatula press topping gently. Tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- Don’t over mix the prepared batter.
- Don’t demould quickly allow it to cool down completely.
- Baking time may vary.
- Brown sugar can be replaced by white sugar.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use a pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check the cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.