My Love for Baking: I have been baking for the last 10 years & still, it gives me joy and the opportunity to try out something new and fresh. Baking is about mixing the right ingredients in the right amount and bake at the right temperature for the right duration. And with experience, you understand how certain ingredients mix well with others and you can be creative with your baking.
I always being asked questions and I honestly couldn’t be happier to help 🙂 Cooking is my thing and I want to help you on your quest to becoming an AWESOME chef and making AWESOME food of course AWESOME home baker :). Most frequently asked questions? – How to bake in a pressure cooker? So, today I will try my best to answer all your question about baking in the pressure cooker.
Baking without an oven? Yes, it is possible and is being used for many decades across the world. You can bake, not only cakes, cookies, bread, or even Domino’s garlic bread as well. The pressure cookers are the primary utensils that are found in the Indian houses. This is the reason why many people in India prefer baking a cake in a cooker rather than an oven. But the question is how to bake a cake in the cooker? Well, baking a cake in a pressure cooker is no rocket science and you can easily prepare homemade cooker cake within 60 minutes.
Most important points while baking in the pressure cooker.
- Any 5 liters aluminum pressure cooker works well to use as an oven for the cake baking. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan. Avoid using lightweight cookers as well as anodized and steel cookers. Choose a heavy bottom aluminum cooker.
- Avoid baking without spreading salt at the bottom. Salt absorbs some heat from the extreme hot base and prevents overheating. I never used salt in my baking because I use a heavy bottom aluminum cooker and I am baking for the past 9 years in the same cooker. It works perfectly fine. But, it depends on the brand, quality of the pressure cooker. I use prestige 5 liters heavy bottom pressure cooker for baking.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Baking tin should be made of Aluminium.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Procedure of Baking Cake in the pressure cooker:
- Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling flour over greased surface evenly.
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker.
- Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin. Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter with help of tong ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Take out the baked cake with the help of tong and allow to cool down completely.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.