Ganesh Chaturthi is just around the corner and preparations are at full swing to welcome Lord Ganesha – the God of wisdom, prosperity and good fortune. Ganesh chaturthi also referred as Vinayaka Chaturthi, it is a 10-day celebration. During this festival, sweets and savory dishes are made and offered to Ganpati as a prasad (bhog). Then distributed amongst the devotees.
Dates Cranberries Burfi – No Sugar Sweet is a healthy and delicious sweet without any form of processed sugar. All sweetness come from Dates and Dried Red Cranberries and sweets is loaded with nuts.
When you need toasted nuts for a recipe generally we do – Skillet toasting. Skillet toasting great for producing small batches of toasted nuts, but the results are uneven and you can burn them if you get distracted. Here’s a quick and cool way to toast nuts and seeds – Microwave Method. It’s so easy and only takes a few minutes.
Just spread nuts and seeds on a microwave-safe plate and in an even layer. The trick also works for coconut powder, sesame seeds, or another seeds of your choice. Then cooks the nuts on full power for three minutes. Every minute, pauses the process to mix up the nuts so that they toast evenly.
Ganesh Chaturthi Recipe | Dates Cranberries Burfi – No Sugar Sweet | Dry Fruits Treat | Microwave Method
It is a simple and easy sweet recipe made with dates, coconut powder, sesame seeds, flax seeds and lots of dry fruits. It’s a NO SUGAR treat. The sweetness comes from dates and dried red cranberries. This burfi is best for any festivals or special occasion.
Dates, Seedless – 2 cups
Dried red cranberries – 1 cup
Almonds – 1/4 cup
Cashews – 1/4 cup
Pistachios – 1/4 cup
Pecans – 1/4 cup
Coconut powder – 1/4 cup
Sesame Seeds – 1/4 cup
Flax seeds – 2 tbsp
Green cardamom powder – 1 tsp
A pinch of salt
- Spread them ( Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios, Pecans, Coconut powder, Sesame Seeds, Flax seeds) onto a microwave-safe plate in an even layer.
- Microwave them on high power for 7 minutes. Check them every 60 seconds to make sure that they don’t get burned.
- Then allow roasted nuts and seeds to cool down completely then transfer to a dry grinder along with dates and dried red cranberries.
- Take out the grounded dates nuts mixture and roll it out into a cylindrical shape by pressing with both the hands.
- Now take an aluminum foil sheet or cling film and place a rolled burfi on it. Spread some sprinkles on foil and wrap up nicely. Place it in a refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, unwrap the rolled burfi and cut them into ½ cm thick burfi. Keep in an airtight container.