On the first Sunday in August, National Friendship Day encourages people across the country and world to connect with friends. Make a new friend or reconnect with an old one. Friendships come in many forms, and we begin developing them when we’re very young. Our classmates and neighborhood pals explored the world with us.
Together we shared experiences and made plans for the future. Eventually, paths diverge and new friends find a place in our social experience. Our world expands and our culture changes. With each new friend, we expand our view of the world. Their experiences contribute to new meaning in our lives. Through friendships, we grow and broaden our horizons. Eventually, the world becomes smaller and more connected.
What better way to express your emotional bond for your friends than by treating them to the warmest and comforting present of all – a nice homemade cake. Happy Friendship Day To my LOvely Friends
This Blueberry coconut cake is bursting with the flavors of fresh blueberries and coconut flavor. This cake is going to be a stunner at your next gathering.
I am sharing a simple recipe for a Blueberry Coconut Cake. This cake celebrates the flavors of summer on your palate wowed. A delightful and easy whip-up cake, the best part is it includes superfoods like coconut and juicy blueberries. Do try this cake 🙂
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Fresh Blueberries – 1 cup
Desiccated Coconut – 3/4 cup
Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp ( 1/2 + 1/4 tsp)
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
A pinch of Himalayan salt
Some blueberries & desiccated coconut (2 tbsp) for topping
- Wash blueberries and let them dry. Then toss dried blueberry with 2 tsp of flour and keep it aside.
- Dry Ingredients: Shift whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and keep it aside.
- Now mix desiccated coconut and salt with dry ingredients.
- Wet Ingredients: Now add milk, sugar, oil in a grinder until smooth.
- Now mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Mix them well.
- Put the prepared batter into a greased pan. Add blueberries and desiccated coconut over batter and with help of spatula or spoon gently.
- Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles. Put the pan into the preheated kadai (wok) and bake it for 60 minutes.
- When cake is done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove cake from the wok and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan.
- Allow cake to cool completely before slicing and enjoy.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
HOW TO BAKE THE CAKE IN KADAI (WOK)
In a heavy bottom kadai add a cup of salt or sand. Place a steel stand in a wok. Cover and preheat the kadai on high heat for about 8 minutes. (Adding salt at the bottom ensures that the kadai doesn’t burn. Heavy bottom kadai acts as oven and ensures even cooking from all sides). I never used salt in my baking because I use a heavy bottom kadai (Prestige Brand) and I am baking for the past 2 years in the same kadai. It works perfectly fine. But, it depends on the brand, quality of the kadai.
After 8 minutes, lower the heat and put baking tin in a kadai. Cover a lid and bake bread for 60 minutes. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the bread is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bread for another 10 minutes.
2 responses to “Happy Friendship Day | Blueberry Coconut Cake | Baking with Whole Wheat Flour | No Egg No Butter | Baked In Wok”
looks delicious and perfect
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you 🙂 Tuvi
LikeLiked by 1 person