Tofu is a soy-based food made from curdling soy milk and forming it into a solid block. Tofu is a good source of plant-based protein that can be used in all sorts of ways. It’s a great addition to vegetarian and vegan diets. Tofu is an incredibly versatile ingredient. When blended, it has a great texture – you can use it in a curry or pudding or even in Mithai (Indian sweets).
Recipes with Tofu :
- Palak Mushroom Matar Curry
- Gulabi Tofu Kalakand
- Tofu Kalakand
- Tomato Beetroot Based Curry
- Tofu Spinach With Quaker Oats
- Tofu Black Pepper White Curry
- Broccoli Tofu Cashew Curry
- Tofu Matar Masala
- Tofu Lababdar No Onion No Garlic
- Tofu in Yogurt Gravy | Dahi Wala Tofu Sabzi | Recipe with Greek Yogurt
- Kadai Tofu | Tofu Bell Pepper Curry
While tofu has been on the world’s platter for a long time, Indians have much recently started to experiment with the versatile food. Since it has a subtle, neutral flavor, it can be used for both sweet as well as savory dishes. It also takes on different textures, from silky soft to crispy or golden fried – different textures of tofu are used for different cooking preparations.
Bhurji means scrambled in English. So, in this recipe, the simple scrambled tofu gets an Indian-style makeover with the addition of a few traditional spices. Sounds yum, right? This recipe takes less than 15 minutes to prepare and is a great option for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. Serve this with tandoori naan is the best combination.
Tofu – 375 gms (crumbled)
Frozen peas – 3/4 cup
Finely chopped onion – 2 big
Grated garlic – 2 tbsp
Grated ginger – 1 inch
Finely chopped green chili – 1
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Greek yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Add ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds till they turn aromatic.
- Then add chopped onions and cook till they turn translucent. Then add ginger, garlic and saute for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add chopped green chilli and tomato. Saute till they turn soft and mushy.
- Add salt to taste, turmeric, red chilli powder with coriander powder. Mix and roast for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add frozen peas and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add crumbled tofu and mix gently.
- Add greek yogurt and cook for 5 minutes. Its ready to serve.