Quinoa Puff coated with jaggery is a quick and healthy snack that can answer your cravings for something sweet. Easy to make and it tastes delicious. Quinoa jaggery puffs are free of refined sugar, gluten-free, packed with protein and a healthier treat.
Quinoa puff gives you all the benefits of quinoa in a crispy snack. Just add milk and enjoy; no cooking needed. Puffed quinoa also makes a crunchy addition to yogurt, oatmeal and granola bars. The best part? It’s packed with high-quality protein, fiber and iron so it not only tastes great but is also great for you. Quinoa is one of few plant foods that provides a complete protein source with all nine essential amino acids. This makes puffed quinoa an excellent post-workout snack when served alongside fruit or as a topping for Greek yogurt.
Jaggery is made from the juice of sugarcane, which is heated to produce thick crystals. It contains sugar in sucrose form and is used in many food products as a sweetening agent. It is considered healthier than refined sugar as certain plant phytochemicals and minerals are preserved in it. Many people avoid jaggery as its raw appearance is not very appealing. However, it may be time to start making this food a regular part of your diet as it provides many essential nutrients and is an effective remedy for many ailments. By adding jaggery to your diet, you gain a wide range of health benefits that you may not have thought that this food could provide.
Quinoa puff – 1 cup
Grated jaggery – 1 cup
Himalayan pink salt to taste
Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Now add ghee in a pan and add grated jaggery.
- Now mix well and let the jaggery melt. Once completely melted, let it cook until the mixture attains a thick and syrupy consistency on low heat.
- Now add quinoa puff and mix well.
- Mix well to ensure quinoa puff is coated well in the jaggery mixture.
- Take gur quinoa on a butter paper and mix well.
- Let the gur quinoa puff cool down completely and then separate them.
- Store in an airtight jar or serve as a snack.
- Do try this recipe and share it.