These crispy Brussels sprouts are so crispy, you’ll think they were fried. But they’re pan fried with minimum oil. Yes, this is our new favorite way to eat Brussels sprouts and we didn’t need a new one. It’s outrageously easy and mouth wateringly delicious.
Brussels sprouts are hearty with a strong, nutty flavor. Enjoy them raw and shredded in a salad or roasted with a drizzle of olive oil. You can purchase a fresh Brussels sprout stalk, which hosts small heads neatly aligned side by side in rows, or you can buy a bag of loose sprouts, fresh or frozen. Brussels sprouts are a source of the B-vitamins necessary for cellular energy production, including vitamin B6, thiamine, and folate. Brussels sprouts contain 24% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin A, which is great for your eyes and internal organs.
The best roasted Brussels sprouts are crisp and golden on the outside, and tender on the inside. They’re full of irresistible caramelized flavor, which is both sweet and nutty. I love to eat them straight off the pan.
Brussels sprouts – 200 gms
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Roasted sesame seeds – 2 tbsp
- Wash and boil brussels sprouts with 2 cups of water till tender (approx 5 minutes on medium heat).
- Strain boiled brussels sprouts and press gently with the help of potato peeler.
- Now season pressed boiled brussels sprouts with all spices (mentioned above) and toss them well.
- Heat a pan and add seasoned brussels sprouts. Roast them fork tender and golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Flip brussels sprouts and cook from another side till caramelised.
- Garnished with roasted sesame seeds. Serve hot with your favorite dip.