We should remember and care about our friends not only while we’re together, but when they’re far away. Long-distance friendship is the strongest one. This quote is perfect suitable for defining our friendship.
When you go to college, you get to meet people from different walks of life, different countries, continents, hear stories that will last a lifetime, and see things you won’t forget. Most friends you make in college last forever. When meeting people in college, there are two categories of people you’ll meet. The first group is those who are just a passing phase in your life, while others become your best of friends. I am lucky to have you in my life.
Last year, I baked Orange Chocolate Cake and it turned out delicious. She is a huge chocolate fan. This year I made chocolate cake but with the combination with lemon. This chocolate lemon celebration cake is no ordinary cake. The secret of this lemon delicious cake is – The Whole Boiled Lemon. When lemon is boil for that long, its bitterness slips into the water. You can use the whole lemon with skin and all, for a moist and delicious result.
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Greek yogurt – 3/4 cup
Chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
Milk – 2 tbsp
Sprinkles for decoration
Candy lemon slices
- Boil lemon (with skin) in a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water (cook in low flame till one whistle ) or in a saucepan put 1 cup of water and lemon. Boil it for 30 minutes covered in low flame. After boiling allow orange to cool down completely. Then remove its pulp and remove pith from the skin.
- Wet mixture: In a grinder mix brown sugar, oil, yogurt, boiled orange (with the skin after removing pith) and grind into a smooth batter.
- Dry mixture: Sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda. Mix dry and wet mixtures.
- Put prepared batter into a greased pan and tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of curd.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
- For best results use lemon with thin skin.
For Topping : Melt chocolate chips in a microwave for 3 minutes. Add little milk and mix it well. Quick Chocolate ganache is ready. Spread evenly on cake and let it rest.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
- Avoid baking without spreading salt at the bottom. Salt absorbs some heat from the extreme hot base and prevents overheating. I never used salt in my baking because I use a heavy bottom aluminum cooker and I am baking for the past 10 years in the same cooker. It works perfectly fine. But, it depends on the brand, quality of the pressure cooker. I use prestige 5 liters heavy bottom pressure cooker for baking.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 8 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 8 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.