Namkeen is one snack that is loved by all, especially with tea. A quick, healthy, and light snack that requires minimal ingredients easily available in your kitchen pantries. This namkeen is a healthy alternative to store-bought namkeen.
Cornflakes mixture is an easy Indian sweet and savory snack made with cornflakes as the main ingredient. Along with peanuts, raisins, curry leaves, cashew nuts, lentil, dried apricot, sesame seeds, and tossed with some spices and brown sugar. It only takes 15 minutes of cooking and 5 minutes of mixing them. You can alter the spices as per your liking.
This delightful Indian munch on a snack is known by many names – Cornflakes Mixture, Cornflakes Chivda Mixture, Cornflakes Namkeen, Makai Chivda.
Cornflakes namkeen is perfect munch with evening tea time. It’s a great substitute for your regular namkeen. Cornflakes Namkeen is also a great edible present, that can be packed in mason jars and shared over Diwali or Christmas.
Cornflakes Chivda Recipe| Savoury Tea Time Snack | Cornflakes Mixture
This cornflakes chivda is very versatile as there is no rigid proportion or combination to be followed. It stays crispy for a month if stored in an airtight container. You can send it to school for a short break or serve it as an after school or between play hunger chaser.
For Namkeen :
Cornflakes – 2 cups
Peanuts – 1/4 cup
Roasted chana daal – 1/4 cup
Cashews – 1/4 cup
Raisins – 1/4 cup
Sliced pistachios – 1/8 cup
Pecans – 1/4 cup
Coconut flakes – 1/4 cup
Dry apricots – 1/4 cup
Sesame seeds – 1/8 cup
Curry leaves – 10
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted fennel powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Dry corainder leaves powder – 1/2 tsp
Amchoor powder – 1/4 tsp
Brown sugar – 1 tsp
Black salt – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
- In a large pan take about 1 tbsp oil. Now roast peanuts and cashews for 2-3 minutes on slow heat while continuously stirring it.
- Remove it from the pan once crisp and likewise roast pecans, coconut flakes, sesame seeds, raisins and keep them aside.
- Now in the same pan add 1 tbsp oil and curry leaves. Fry curry leaves until crisp.
- Then add all spice powders (except brown sugar) along with all roasted ingredients, sliced pistachios, and roasted channa daal. Roast them for a minute.
- Now add cornflakes with brown sugar and mix them well for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Switch off the gas and add chopped dry apricots. Mix well.
- Allow it to cool properly and then store it in an airtight container.