Tofu Kali Mirch is a tasty & delicious dish prepared using tofu , pepper and onion-curd gravy. The dish is a beautiful blend of creamy gravy and the pungency of peppercorns. While onions add a traditional Indian flavour to the dish, the curd adds a sour taste. Once you taste tofu kali mirch, you will get a subtle taste of cream and Greek Yoghurt along with a spicy note.
Kali Mirch or Black Pepper is the highlight of this dish. In this Tofu Kali Mirch or Tofu Black Pepper White Curry, the presence of kali mirch is marked in a subtle way without overpowering the gravy with its pungency. Addition of greek yogurt gives a faint sour taste to the gravy and also balance the pungency of the black pepper.
Tofu Kali Mirch | Tofu Black Pepper White Curry | Onion Yogurt Based Curry
Serve Tofu Kali Mirch with Paratha for the weeknight dinner. Pepper lends a pungent but not harsh touch of spiciness to the dish, making it seem quite different from the usual. This recipe adds great variety to the vegetarian dinner menu for the parties as well.
Like , Comment , Share & Subscribe
Tofu – 200 gms (cut into squares)
Crushed Black Pepper – 1 tbsp
Roughly chopped white onions – 3 medium size
Green chillies – 2 (cut lengthwise)
Bayleaf – 1
Black cardamom – 2
Green cardamom – 1
Garlic – 3 (cut into half)
Ginger – 3 small pieces
Cashew Nuts – ¼ cup ( soaked overnight or 1 hour)
Greek Yoghurt – 3/4 cup
Himalayan pink salt to taste
Oil or Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Sprinkle some himalayan pink salt and crushed black pepper on Tofu and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and add onions, chillies, bayleaf, black cardamom, green cardamom, ginger, garlic, soaked cashew nuts along with 4 cups of water.
- Cover and let it boil for 20 – 25 minutes till the onions are tender.
- After 25 minutes strain prepared onion cashews mixture.
- Remove bayleaf, green chilli, black cardamom, green cardamom and let it cool down the mixture.
- Now blend prepared onions cashews with Greek Yoghurt. Make a smooth onion yoghurt puree.
- Sieve onion yoghurt puree.
- Heat a pan and add oil, once it is hot add the onion yoghurt puree.
- Cook this curry for 10 minutes on medium high heat and till curry starts thicken up.
- Now add tofu squares with crushed black pepper, himalayan pink salt to taste and 1 cup of water. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat and then remove it to bowl.
- Garnish with fresh crushed black pepper. Serve hot with rice or paratha.