A sweet and spiced Apple Jaggery Chutney made with the goodness of apple blended in the flavor of jaggery and spices. A great accomplishment with parathas and chaats.
Apples are extremely rich in important antioxidants, and dietary fiber. Whereas Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals.
Apple (Cubed with skin ) – 2 medium
Brown sugar – 2 tbsp
Juice of two lemons
Grated jaggery – 1/2 cup
Grated ginger – 2 tbsp
Raisins – 1/4 cup
Oil – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder – 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
- Take 2 cups of water in a bowl and add 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Mix well and add apple cubes in it. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add ginger and saute for a minute. Then add drain apples with brown sugar and raisins. Cook on medium flame until apple becomes soft.
- Switch off the gas and let it cool down completely. Then grind cooked apple into a smooth puree.
- Switch on the gas and add apple puree, jaggery, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and all spices.
- Mix well and cook chutney on low flame for 10 minutes till it becomes thick.
- Cool down to room temperature, store in a glass jar.